View Single Post
Old 09-02-10, 10:39 AM   #8
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post
well, im quite tired of the massive LAAAAAAAAAAG in my SH5. I get 9 FPS at best. im so VERY VERY tired of it. and im tired of having to put my graphics on all my games to lowest or near lowest so it doesnt lag like F.

However, i need some info on what i need to upgrade. My computer is pretty powerful, 4GB RAM and 600GB hard drive quad-core 64 bit windows Vista With ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics.

But although im pretty dam sure what the problem is, i want some better advice. i wanna know. What do i need to upgrade for SH5 to run well. i am pretty sure its the Radeon 3200, as ive heard its pretty old. But i was wondering if perhaps i needed other things for my computer to finally run all the games at an acceptable res and grahics quality, and that includes SH4 and 5. And how would i go about installing the graphics card, especially since im deciding towards buying an Nvidia. and what model would be best?

im not sure where i can aquire more system specs. and XP users cant help with helping me find it, because its much different, as ive gotten lots of Advice on where to find certain files or find something in control panel and its not there on my machine.

and dont try to tell me to fix SH5 with mods or tring different res, cause it wont work. period. And my situation is different then the common "microstutter" every1 has while running clouds or something. My problem is that sh5 has graphics my machine cant handle, and i aim to change that. even at lowest possible settings, its 9 FPS.

Thank you.
Vista needs twice amount of ram than XP does when it comes to gaming- so if the game requires 2gigs of ram for XP users and your running vista you'll need 4gigs to play it well. Going back to XP is not going backwards just update XP to SP3. IMO XP is more the gaming OS compared to Vista. Otherwise if you haven't a XP cd lying around buy Windows 7 professional or ultimate edition then decide on whether you want to buy a top of the range gfx card or just a small upgrade to the one you have. XP or Win 7 are the best OSes for gaming.

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote