View Single Post
Old 08-29-10, 12:57 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Skins and some sounds can be modded, not more. They keep vehicle modding and changing the technical variables unavailable fromt he public, which makes perfect sense. Most ordinary people simply lack the knowledge and do not have the data to realistically construct new vehicles - having a realistically looking model, is one thing, equipping it with correct armour values and ballistics is something very different, and for these latter points you need to have expert and insider knowledge, or better: experience with the real stuff. Mind you, this sim is not primarily meant to adress the game market's desires, but the military customers decide (and pay for) what it looks like - by their orders of features. eSim provides the tools that are needed to make maps, which are made of two packs, height-maps (the wireframe model), and then texturing it and plastering it with objects. But that is advanced stuff and not many care for it. Better you check out what you already get, it is very plenty, the sim has many HUUUGE maps, and each of them can be covered with a new season and regional scheme easily.

But the good news is, that the mission editor is fantastic. It allows you to do very sophisticated designs, if you put some care and logic into it, nevertheless is easy to handle. I was busy with the also very good editors for Flashpoint and ArmA as well as Sub Command. All these editors also are very good and ergonomically designed, but to me SBP's editor beats them all. Also, you already learn it by learning to handle the mission planning tool - both are very much identical.

My guess is you will hold your hard copy in 2, maybe in 3 weeks in your hands.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-29-10 at 01:08 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote