View Single Post
Old 07-08-22, 05:53 AM   #69
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

One of the first and still most impressive VR experiences I made, was "Air Car". I came to experience it on the Oculus Rift, and for long time it was a Rift-only title. When I had chnaged my VR set last christmas for the G2 Reverb, I lost it - I thought.

I have meanwhile found that the title is no longer Rift-only, and is beign worked on, still. In the G2 with its higher resolution, it looks stunning! I like to have it back.

Its not a game, just an experience, a way to relax, you hover aorund in a futuristic Blade Runner-style city, in a Blade Runner-style flying car. And you look around and enjoy the sights and the experience and if your stomach is hard enough you do some fancy flying stunts. Thats it. There are many demonstrators like this for VR . What sets this apart is that while you do not "play" it often or all the time, you nevertheless keep coming back to it every couple of times. There have been clones who showed up, but none of them, as far as I saw them, came close to this one.

The Reverb'S handsticks had to be adapted via a mod, it took some mtime for me to found out.

G-Police, anyone...?