View Single Post
Old 08-15-09, 11:53 AM   #6
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrimes View Post

Note: Unlike SH3, SH4's Mission Editor does not allow one to specify the exact name of sub used in a mission, but does allow for sub type and date of entry. So you will get a random name when you start each mission, but at least you will have the right sub type and it's correct configuration for the mission date.

-Cgrimes
I will give them a try. I have 1.5 but the first one I tried worked so maybe they all will.
One thought that may work. Since you have made these missions as a MOD you could add folders for "Roster/American/Submarine/subname.cfg and only leave one name in the cfg file.

For Example the Balao.cfg. there are 116 Units, so if you wanted the Tang delete all but the Tang. Change the Unit to Unit 1 and it should have to pick that one. You would have to do this for each Captain and it would only work as a MOD. If someone wanted to put the missions into his folder permanently I'm sure he wouldn't want to add that part. But I think it would work for a mission enabled as a MOD.

[Unit 1]
Name=USS Tang
DOC=19431015
DOD=19441024

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote