View Single Post
Old 01-17-12, 10:12 AM   #3074
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Very good sum-up Tom, I agree to your conclussions

Quote:
So game is 100% over when Boat is submerged and batteries and CA are exhausted. No chance to surface.

For that hopeless situation, I have an idea: To give the player back a little hope, and make the game more interesting, I could program a minimal chance (5% ?) that the LI is able to cunjure up some little battery charge out of his hat, before the O2 supply also is exhausted......a little bit of "Das Boot".....

would be a very easy addition.
That is actually realistic, as what we have in the game as empty battery is more like the fuel tank of a vehicle. But batteries are not like that, you can squeeze a bit more energy out of them if you let them recover for a period, and you could also in desperate situations even try to interconnect cells that are not discharged to make them work together bypassing those empty which would normally suck energy instead of giving it back.

In any case, I think that even if you limit your programming to the clearly identified things, it is worth to continue the discussion because we might end up agreeing on a reasonable model for boat buoyancy that can be later implemented. This would allow fixing things like the humming bird situation, etc.