Old 04-25-21, 05:43 PM   #5
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_KABoooM View Post
1. My config is a Lenovo t470s laptop running Windows 10 with IntelCore i5 7th gen with 8gb RAM and a Intel HD Graphic 620 card. I am using 100% vanilla from steam which is v 1.3

2. Havenīt deployed any of these steps and would be nice if you could link to someone explaining it

3. NOTE: I am on my third patrol and this problem had not occured earlier. Came when i started my third patrol in the same campaign.

Thx for the welcome!
Ahoy, CPT_KABoooM...

Ok, understand you are rolling with SH4, in plain jane stock mode. Which is cool.. your choice & can respect that.

There is a v1.5 of SH4, in case you are NOT aware of that. Can be found there on Steam or through Ubisoft. Same name as what you have, with + Uboat Missions tacked on to the end of that...

1 question, that comes to mind, not only where SH4 is set up at, as a Steam user I know on that score.. but more to the point, where do you have Steam & it's gaming library, installed, precisely.

Am hoping you don't say in either:

C:\Program files

or

C:\Program files (x86)

As either of these locations (which I know most if not just about all things installed nowadays, auto defaults to either location, off the rip... ) will run afoul of Windows default program of UAC or User Account Control, if I recall that right.

What that means is, if you attempt to make any changes to any program or its files, Win 10.. ain't gonna like you for it.. & will revert anything you do, back to basic stock settings... with extreme prejudice. With a quickness.

Which will leave you feeling like:

or or

to say the least.

Knowing just where things are installed, will help.

M. M.