View Single Post
Old 04-25-21, 02:39 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_KABoooM View Post
So i had my computer running SH4 for a day and as I am a new player I decided to bump up the difficulty by trying manual targeting. However after watching a tutorial for the Dick O'Kane method (posted by Rockingrobbins13) I stumbled upon this problem that my game crashed when my torpedos hit. Something strange about it beacause it only happens when I try to hit ships in my campaign and theres no problem in the tutorial (that i used as testing ground). Maybe it has something to do with the night time

I downloaded the game from steam and i play on a Lenovo laptop with intel drive. I tried reinstalling but did not work

Really looking forward to get sailing again so please help
yes, i have had that happen, also.
couple of questions to help us give a more exact solution:
  • what is your playing config? which version of SH4 and which mods are you using? the best response is from JGSME-Tasks-Export to Clipboard and paste it here.
  • have you deployed Large Address Aware or a similar 4GB utility? you need to do that no matter which version of SH4 you are playing.
  • since you are just starting, delete your SH4 Savefolder structure: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\SH4\data. SH4 will rebuild it the next time you start a career.

welcome aboard!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote