View Single Post
Old 11-17-10, 09:00 AM   #65
Penguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
I've tried asking Ubisoft if they have altered the DRM so that it doesn't require a constant internet connection, but they tell me that the DRM hasn't changed. So I'm not sure what to make of it. I guess it is a step in the right direction, but I'm still on the fence.

I've wanted SH5 since I heard of it, but then the DRM stuff started and really turned me off. Then all the problems with the game surfaced and I wasn't so sad about missing out. But now that I hear there is a mega mod coming out for it, that it would appear a constant internet connection is no longer required, and the price is at $10 on amazon, I'm really struggling with the decision. Do I give in to ubisoft? Should I wait until ubisoft offically patches out any trace of the DRM (whenever that is)? I just don't know what to do.
Stay strong!
I have a dream:
That in the second Ubi drops their idiotic DRM 100s of people instantly buy SH5 to set an example of customer power.
I know this won't happen but us two and Steve makes at least 3 people who would try to make a stand - I hope there's more out there.
So the profit margin Ubi makes from the product is lower then, tough **** - they should have done so before.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote