View Single Post
Old 07-06-10, 04:19 PM   #1306
morttheslayer
Soundman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Jawohl!! Ich bein ein PainterMeister!!

Hello Frinic excellent news from you at last. Such a minor act resulting in major pain eh!!
You are right about the new Win7 OS, they are all great until they go kaput, even XP had its little foibles.
So far, from my POV Windows 7 seems very stable and (fairly) easy to manipulate. I too favour ATI GPUs at present but I'm running a NVidea 9800GTX+ with no problems except I could wish for better frame rates in TvsT. I know a better (ATI??) card would lift the performance by; I believe some 15-20%, depending on the model. I only have to move the outside TvsT view to overhead, or F5 commander binocular view and I get an increase in the region of - say from 8FPS to 12 FPS for example.
To be fair you can have up to 2Gb of onboard card memory but if your bandwidth is retricted - like they are on the midrange versions or the memory 2Gb of GDDR3 instead of say 1Gb or less of GDDR5 I guess you know the GDDR3 ain't gonna have as much "Welly" or impact.
Yet another thing to save up for eh!!
Never mind if you have doubled your FPS you are going in the right direction mate. You might get a driver update that may lift it a bit also.

Now I digress - I've got a new sky to install and more Tiger Crew to get shot up!!
Still on fatigues painting the Morty estate though - hope the weather holds here.
All the very best Morty
morttheslayer is offline   Reply With Quote