View Single Post
Old 03-28-09, 05:27 PM   #7
pawnslinger
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
SB Gold was released almost ten years ago. Graphics are locked to software mode 640x480, 256 colours. Back then, it was a simulation game release.

SBP was developed as a training tool for the military, and it'S current form and content is determined by orders of more than one dozen western militaries. It's the best choice you can make in the tank genre.

Steel Fury is another era, and probably your best choice if you are focussed on the WWII. But it lacks the depth, complexity and realism of SBP, also it has not a few imo serious issues with AI, immersion and pathfinding. It does not compare to scale and realism of SBP.

So, if you want a harcore simulation, only SBP is available. If you are looking more for a mixture of sim and easy accessible game, it depends on the time frame you prefer: SB Gold (if you get any second hand), or Steel Fury. however, SB Gold also was quite unforgiving. If Armored Fist and Panzer Elite Action are representative for what you want, choose Steel Fury. If you want a serious simulation, choose SBP.

I'm not sure about SB Gold functioning under Vista, keep in mind, SB Gold is OLD.

I would discourage you from considering Tiger vs T-34. Check this forum for according threads that explain why.
I finally tried the other demos that I downloaded last night: SB and PEA. Neither of these demos would work at all. So I guess those two are off my radar.

I placed my Amazon order for Steel Fury and Armored Fist 3. They should both work okay for me. It is too bad about the SB and PEA demos not functioning -- I was interested in both games.
pawnslinger is offline   Reply With Quote