Thread: Diabetes 2
View Single Post
Old 03-28-23, 10:54 AM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Weight fluctuations due to fluctuations in water balance should not be confused with weight loss effects. The weight may fluctuate from one day to the next by say 1-3 pounds, but this is not weight loss due to reduction in adipose tissue. It is only daily fluctuations.

If there are no metabolic diseases or kidney disorders, and there are no needs to flush out waste products from certain medications taken, there is no need to drink "on schedule". In the very young and the very old, the feeling of thirst may not be reliable as an indicator of the need to drink - here it may be advisable to drink according to a schedule, or have somebody watching over the kids and old. The recommendation to drink 2.5 litres daily is derived from a vague estimate from the times of the Second World War, so it is not really scientifically based. The 2.5 litres often quoted also includes the amount of liquid that the eaten food of the day contains, and that can be a considerable amount! Many people with no further health problems will, if they are not excessively fat and of above-average height and live in moderate temperates, manage with around 1.5 liters of drunk water, ll drinsk added up. And who feels more thirst, herrje, then drink even more, if you are happy then! Only, to force oneself to drink, because a plan wants it so, without that there is a by illness caused reason, that is really quite stupid! What do you think, how people have survived for tens of thousands of years - mostly in nutritional deficiencies...? Our bodies are made for enduring long times of water and food deficits, our kidneys are not there for no reason, and again-and-again recycling of body fluids by the kidneys is not being done and has not developed for no reason. Of course, this process cannot be endlessly repeated, you have to drink and you have to pee at some time. But that we suffer the fall of heaven if we forget to drink every second hour or such stories - that is blatant nonsense. I could laugh my head off, someone gets up, drinks something for breakfast, goes to the bus stop in front of the house, gets on the bus, and as soon as he sits down, he takes out the water bottle with the water as if he just came back from a tour in the desert. They carry their bottles everywhere, like a smartphone, in the office, while walking, shopping, to the cinema... Man, have a little more confidence in your bodies, so completely wrong our evolution has not gone!

The food industry is happy. They are behind it with expensive advertising campaigns to make people believe that they have to drink water all day long, at every opportunity (just like people should eat three meals a day, and four portions of fruit, and muesli, and five different vegetables, and don't forget all the snacks in between, and plenty of fibres, and plenty of cereals...). Of course, this water has to be bought, because not all water is the same, there are all kinds of waters-plus, waters that are just more water than just water, and that costs, and the cash register rings. I have already heard from two doctors that they have more patients who have problems from drinking too much than drinking too little, keyword is flushing out electrolytes and mineral salts.

Only, Markus, Coke and other pops / sweet fizzy drinks you should really deny yourself, without exception. Take the 0.5 liter bottle Coke in the hand, and then imagine that you dissolve 17-20 sugar cubes in it. Yes, that's what it looks like! The bottle half full with sugar cubes. You can easily poke out your eyes with at the insulin spike, so high and pointed it is. That of lite drinks with sweeteners is hardly less excessive. There are even sweeteners that have more calories and cause higher insulin than sugar!

By the way, the same applies to tomato ketchups and BBQ sauces: sugar without end. I like Heinz curry ketchup. But I avoid it now. Its one of the worst offenders. Most, if not all of these kinds of industry sauces are.

If that's still not enough, I'd recommend reading up on the phosphoric acid contained in cola and what it does to the body's nutrient balance and bones: osteoporosis as a possible end result is still in the category of the more harmless side effects. Go figure. Its nasty stuff.

I'll make it short: sweet industrial lemonades of any kind should be avoided, and for diabetics: always. Period. I like cola, yes. But I've thrown it out. And see, life goes on anyway.

If you are in need for something sweet, eat somethign salty instead. It satisfies the neural structure in your brain that makes you craving for sweet taste, its one and the same neural structure. A thick grain of sea salt works wonder. Much better than taking a candy! And harmless, completely. There is no reason - but many lies told - to want saving salt.