View Single Post
Old 03-14-16, 04:47 AM   #371
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
I haven't tried it that way since one of the first instructions of the fix was to set OSI to run an admin, but yes, if you run anything as administrator, all subsequent processes should spawn in that context. Of course there's a way within code to override that but developers only override user context when necessary.

OSI will fail to run if the exe is marked as "Run as administrator" but the spawning process isn't started as administrator. The spawning process won't have the permission to run the subsequent process and you'll likely get an error about Internet connection being down if you try to play a campaign. This happened to me.

I rarely ever start the game via Uplay. Wish there was a hack to get rid of it altogether. lol. There may be some reason to do so, so I don't want to disagree with any prior posts on the subject, but from my experience it has made no difference. It's possible though that this could be specific to how I have the game set up.

I also turned off game save syncing. I still get the message in-game, but my files are not duplicated to Uplay directory or cloud.

It's not required to start the game through KSD Commander, but doing so will keep your KSD commander information in sync. I believe I read that on the KSD forum. You can still sync it manually through KSD Commander, but starting if from KSD Commander makes it so you don't have to. I really enjoy KSD Commander.

Also, doesn't matter, again from my experience, whether you are online / offline for Uplay.

You're very welcome Kaleun. Gute Jagd!
Thank you so much. My KSD just crashes when I click the exe. Must be doing something wrong. I should reread KSD thread I just skimmed it.
Anyway its more important to have the core game work properly.
I try to use DBGview now to see if I see those files MAMA highlighted, but not sure what I m doing. You know if I need set debugscript =yes in main cfg?mean remove the ";" in front. I try find some "how to " with the viewer.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote