View Single Post
Old 03-13-16, 03:33 AM   #369
Husksubsky
XO

Downloads: 254
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Whichever app you start first is the one that has to run as administrator. So if you start SH5 via the SH5 icon (assuming Uplay isn't running already), SH5 will then start Uplay and spawn OSI.exe as administrator. If you start via Uplay, then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator. The same follows for if you start SH5 via KSD Commander as administrator, again provided something isn't already running.
Thx a lot for info Appreciated
So Its not really needed to set OCI.EXE to run as administrator then?If I understand: "then it'll run the subsequent items as administrator" right.Not that it matters but I like to understand just a bit of this.

I can add that I did not see OXI.EXE at all if I didn t run uplay as administrator. That makes sense to me at least, but I don t think it was mentioned I HAD to run wichever startup as administrator except I think it was said as a general rule elsewhere.

Someone said we should start game through uplay too. Can it really matter?
I will try out KSD commander, but we have to start game through KSD then?
Also curious whether it matters if we are online or offline in Uplay while we play. There was some back and forth about that, but that must be like 3 yrs ago . Dont remember any conclusion.
Husksubsky is offline   Reply With Quote