Old 08-31-15, 04:58 PM   #23
officerharris
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 268
Uploads: 0
Default Issue Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Dunsel View Post
Good Evening, All! I fixed it, but I am not sure which method works.

First, I regret the delay in responding. I was upgrading my wife's computer to Windows 10, and hers is much slower than mine (she doesn't mind, she hates computers!).

Second, let me make some apologizes. Right after I posted, I found the other thread. Perhaps I missed it (more likely, I am an ensign after all), or things happened pretty quickly when Windows 10 came out. Nevertheless, I sincerely apologize to the moderator and all of you for posting another unnecessary thread.

Now here is what I did, and I did them together so I don't know which worked. First, I noticed that on Silent Hunter 3, there was a check mark on "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting", which wasn't there on Silent Hunter 4. Second, during all the reinstalling that I did, I didn't register the software. I did so. And now it works. Which one did fixed it, I really don't know.

IMHO, I really like Windows 10 for two reasons. First, I was in the Google environment and I did not like the fact that Google wasn't giving me the option of turning off the pooling of my information. Second, every release of DirectX gets better and better. But that's just me.

I would like to thank those of offered me suggestion and encouragement.

Fair Winds,
Ensign Dunsel
I checked into the issue above and (Ensign Dunsel) is correct, the fix for this issue is to place a check in the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting" do this by right clicking on the SH4.exe then select properties then select the compatibilities tab then place a check in the box for "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting" also at this time you should make sure you are running the program as an administrator, if not then check that box located at the bottom as well. then click apply and ok, and your done. Good Hunting!
officerharris is offline   Reply With Quote