View Single Post
Old 07-12-19, 11:12 AM   #51
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The divide in Turkish Russian interests I consider to be less prominent than is claimed. In the end the shared political opponent both want to reduce in infliueunce - Europe - is compensating. And I think Putin is fitter than Europe to handle Erdoghan's overblown ego.

I doubt however that it is strategic or economic calculation that made Turkey go for the Russian system. Its simply about Erdoghan'S blown-up ego. He is a supreme, great, superior leader who knows it all better, who take sno advice, and cannot stand to back down, you know.

As I said in the other thread, I like the way things go. If the Americans stick to their announcement, Turkey is out of the F35 programn, has lost a lot of money that Trump will not pay back, Erdoghan will be pissed, turkey is closer to leaving or getting kicked from NATO, and Europeans will need to finally realise that they have a big problem with Turkey, and with their southern military flank. I like any of these details, and if becoming real in a pack, the better! The louder the wakeup call to the EU and NATO, the greater the chance that finally somebody will wake up. Merkel has pushed Europe into great dependency from Erdoghan's good will in the migration route issue. I will find the sight of Europeans squirming and writhing before Erdoghan and then paying him more money and concessions, most entertaining.