View Single Post
Old 08-08-19, 01:44 PM   #26
BarracudaUAK
Captain

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNishino View Post
Got lots of folders and all said Access or Permission Denied. I'm going to try reinstalling SH4 with Wineskin Winery instead of that porting kit I used, maybe this will be different.
Going the direct route does help cut down on the variables.
Might get a better result.

Quote:
I really don't know anything about any of this stuff,
I don't really know anything about Mac, other than it's based on UNIX.
So that's the direction I've been working from.
So we're kinda in this together!

Quote:
but now that we're under the hood, I'll try this (just started it and not looking encouraging).
In my experience with Linux, it never does.
Until it works.

Quote:
I'm beginning to wonder if I should just install Windows 10 via Bootcamp instead, as MS permits unregistered use of it. Mac OS is going to stop supporting 32 bit applications soon, they announced Mojave is the last OS to support 32 bit, so I'll have to deal with that in a few months as well. What do you think?
This is the same as a "dual-boot" on Linux.
You could, but that's a whole seperate can of worms.
I've definately got 0 experience doing that on a Mac, so I would be of no help there.

As far as the 32bit, many Linux Distrobutions are dropping 32bit versions of the OS.
But, so far, most are keeping 'multi-lib' (I think thats the name) which allows 32bit programs on a 64bit OS.

So it depends how Wine handles it. If the Windows exe(SH4) can have all 32bit requirements satisfied by 64bit WINE, then it should be ok in the long run.

Quote:
And as far as Mac executable extensions, DMG and APP.
Ok,I read something about it on one of the sites, but they didn't go into details.
I'm wondering if the...
Re-reading some of your earlier post I think I may have missed something...

Quote:
This is running on a Wineskin Wrapper. As far as location, I have a directory I named Silent Hunter Fall of the Rising Sun, which contains three folders: Contents, drive_c, and Wineskin.

The folder "drive_c" contains the Ubisoft SH4 files, buried under a couple layers.

The "Contents" folder contains some Wine files, including a Wineskin launcher and Unix executable called winetricks.

In the "Wineskin" folder, where I ran Terminal, this is what I could find so far: Wineskin 2.9.0.2, Engine: WS10WineCX64Bit18.5.0.
Is that files full name
"Wineskin.app"?
If so can you open the "Wineskin" folder again, and in a terminal type:

Quote:
Wineskin
And see what it does?

They may have re-named the executable file for MacOS...
Or I'm totally wrong.

Barracuda
BarracudaUAK is offline   Reply With Quote