View Single Post
Old 11-27-19, 01:59 PM   #201
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

I had seen those pics, and I have Mullenheim-Rechberg's book. The design layout has to combine all the firing operations and data aquisition, so panels that switch on/off are the obvious way to go. The permanent part of the layout must be the viewport in the centre with bearing on top, everything else on the sides and bottom can change on command from range/course/speed finding to firing commands.

I think you will need a permanent bar on the bottom with quick access to stations and append to it other switchable panels like navigation info (Compass and speed repeater) and crew orders. Also, bear in mind you will need to double the use of firing control as torpedo director because these ships were equipped with torpedoes!

The crew orders panel could enable as translucent over the screen when called, so that you do not lose sight of the rest. The orders there should be able to be programmed to a key or key combo by the user, or use the panel knob.

Anyway yes first thing you need is to list the actions/commands you want, ideally make a sequence of the fire ranging procedure and what functions need be used at each moment, then it becomes clearer how to start organizing the layout.