View Single Post
Old 11-27-19, 01:28 PM   #200
bracer
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0

Yes, it looked quite cool the 3d fire director, but with the amount of info/buttons required some 2d interfaces will be needed anyway.
I have yet to decide and know which buttons and functions should be accesible at the fire director screen.
The other functions will probably be placed on interactable panels in the director room.
Many of the controls you need to access would actually be in totally different rooms.
For example in the fire director I have added a artillery switchboard, which would be far bellow deck in reality.
Based on this photo from Prinz Eugen:

There is extremely little reference photos from the german warships, so my fire director is based on this one from Bismarck:

Here is Prinz Eugen again, main plotting room:

The radar:

So that's atleast the estetic style I am going to aim towards in the HUD design.
And all this I want in one HUD
I would love to see/hear your ideas!
As stated I still don't know exactly which buttons are needed on the HUD, I will try to summarize it soon.
But apart from technical functions, I also need a panel for interaction with AI crew.
For example to designate targets, report distance to a target for the AI to calculate speed and heading of the target, and various fire orders.

My WIP Battleship simulator, Battleship Command: Scharnhorst
Want to support the project on Patreon? Here's the link!
bracer is offline   Reply With Quote