View Single Post
Old 07-23-06, 05:06 PM   #4
goldorak
Admiral

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by suBB
  • Missions made to justify platforms – The biggest problem I have with DW is deathmatch mode of gameplay. It’s been like this for years and years since 688i came out, so enough is enough for me and this mode of game play. In fact because of lwami and mission objective maps, these two reasons are the only reasons why I started playing again. And all those maps made for deathmatch, over hundreds and hundreds of them, are all identical! Playing under these conditions is a hindrance of game play experience as it really doesn’t require anything but ‘point and shoot’ from the player. When a mission objective is on the line it’s completely different. It’s not practical nor does it makes a heck of a lot of sense to have a submarine on the surface hunting down helos and and p-3, or 6 seawolves in a deathmatch, even DM sub team dives for that matter. Also I want to say DM is predictable by leaps and bounds. This mode of gameplay is not practical in my mind, but only good for arcade pace gameplay – to each his/her own.
Heh I just realized that my few points I wanted to emphaize has tuned into a re-write of the the link I gave you… sorry, sometimes I tend to be long winded.

suBB
I don't know if you had the occasion to play some multiplayer scenarios designed by Furia.
They were goal oriented (and not at all like deathmatch type thing you loath so much).
He hosted some games on CADC some months ago, but since he has completely vanished from the dw community.

Why don't you post some interesting cooperative multistation-multiplayer missions on CADC ?
You could organize one match every 1-2 weeks.
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote