View Single Post
Old 08-07-08, 09:13 AM   #7
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40
Just my opinion, but getting rid of seafoam on the ocean during rough seas is like getting rid of foreplay during sex!:rotfl:Believe me when I say, I don't have a killer rig, but I still run the major mods, especially PE with no probs. Have you tried shutting down all non essential applications befor you play? I use FSautostart myself. This program shuts down all background services and programs, automaticly starts the sim for you, (I use it for all my games), defrags your memory for you, and will restart the terminated applications when you're done.

Another thing I do is keep my rig in tip top shape by regularly running Ccleaner, and defragging with Perfect Disc, especially befor I play. I would try all of the above first, befor eliminating what I consider, some realistic eyecandy
Your opinion is good, but let me apply your analogy of foreplay to the relationship
between the wind and the waves. My issues is not just with speed but with quality as
well. The first thing to note is the wind speed in the game is 0-15 meters/second
or 0-33 mph. That is not enough wind foreplay to induce this beach foam effect we
see in SH4. Now, a great part of my enjoyment in the sim is accurate mimic of the
high-seas effect and I might add with a little tweaking of the scene.dat file can
be achieved quite nicely.

-ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote