View Single Post
Old 02-05-11, 05:19 PM   #120
crackaces
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Yeah, I agree, there's still a lot of oddities with "bouncing" forces right now. I hope something is eventually done with them. I think one solution would be to give one, probably larger, force the "right of way" to continue moving forward no matter what, while the other one can be repositioned relative to it. The problem right now is that both forces "bounce" back from each other after a battle. If they were on opposing courses before the battle, it indeed does cause a very silly loop - one that can sometimes cause a puny destroyer flotilla to force the whole High Seas Fleet to get stuck for many hours in a dangerous place while the Grand Fleet closes in on it...
Oh this problem is far more complex than I thought So the fact that the logic recenters task forces after a battle has lots of ramifications beyond just the one I described. My thought is the option of leaving ships in place and an option of reforming the fleet but this problem seems deeper. But I do think if the battle continues to move in a direction that is the forces are not recentered unless requested, and if forces are allowed to port in tatitical mode carried over to the stratgic map .. the problem would be solved ....

Last edited by crackaces; 02-05-11 at 05:44 PM.
crackaces is offline   Reply With Quote