View Single Post
Old 11-07-10, 08:47 AM   #109
Vainglory
Nub

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Uh, newbie here...

I do hope Bullethead checks in now and then. I've had the game for maybe a month now and I think it's great. Well worth what I paid, but there are a few issues I've had with it.

Firstly, I've had ships that seemed to sink after I left a battle. In my first campaign SMS Seydlitz took heavy damage (pumping exceeded flooding, however, and there were no out of control fires) engaging the channel monitors. She vanished from my orbat once the battle ended. Because she was so badly damaged I could understand it, annoying though it is.

But recently I lost SMS Grosser Kurfurst... she had suffered moderate damage, but there were no uncontrolled fires and pumping exceeded flooding. I'd engaged Beatty's battlecruisers in the dark so she'd taken out HMS Tiger and Queen Mary. I'd dropped her out of the line when damage became moderate to ensure she survived. I saved with her well out of harm's way, no uncontrolled fires, and pumping exceeded flooding.

The battle ended and another one began with her in it. I quit without saving, but when I reloaded from the save (with Grosser Kurfurst seemingly okay), the battle finished, and a new one began, she was gone.

It's perplexing that she would disappear when previously, in identical circumstances, she hadn't. Surely if fires are under control, and flooding is under control, your ships shouldn't sink? And if she didn't sink, where did she go? The manual has no clues.

Secondly, chasing the merchants. I understand that this is a feature, but personally I find it annoying. I know a game can't be tailored to everyone's tastes, but I just thought it was worth saying. Most times the merchant can do nothing to escape, or if it can escape then the pursuit vessels can do nothing to prevent it. Seems like a tedious distraction either running the game at 20x or resolving via end battle.
Vainglory is offline   Reply With Quote