View Single Post
Old 04-19-19, 10:26 AM   #19
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

I have moved all CAOD files to a laptop to see if with other sound drivers there would be problems too. Alas, the sound problems in CAOD are fundamental and related to Win95 drivers not working well on modern systems or too fast computers today.

The problems on my laptop were exactly the same, the sound fading out.

Plugging in my speakers to other sound sources (like my GPU) will not change the sound problem, so it's about old game drivers and no solution I guess.

As for my main topic, changing the files in DOS version taken from CAOD to make the deck gun manual in DOS has failed up to now, I'll further see if I can do something...Probably never, because my experiments show that the deck gun routine is hard-coded in the AODCD.exe file directly, or in the single big *.DYN file (not exchangeable with DOS).
My hope still remains in the SHELL\SW files which I try to tweak for DOS (also to correct the Type XXI sonar flaw of CAOD). Whatever, I LIKE modding these old games, it tells me a lot of the work done at that amazing period where making games was really an artwork...

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-19-19 at 10:40 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote