Old 04-06-17, 11:31 AM   #70
gezahu
Mate

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo32 View Post
Hello,

I have been trying to follow the steps here, but I have a main problem. I have Wolves of Steel mega mod and when I put the sextant I try to lineup with the horizont, but as you may know we have waves so it is almost imposible. All is moving up and down. So I guess the method to use it propertly is with a sextant that divides the horizont and the sun so you see both of them at the same wave movement and you can line them easier.
I saw in the 3rd page a mod that simulates that. A sextant by a user that didn't know to speak correctly english, but I am trying to find it without any success that sextant mod. Was ended? Can we use it instead the WoS mod?
If we have to use the WoS sextant, how you usually do to aboid the waves movement, or minimize?

Thanks!
Well my 2 cents:
I enabled stabilize view in gameplaysettings.cfg in the savegames folder where you can individually enable disable things without "punishment". I dont think rocking binocular is any more "realistic" than a steady one as you compensate with your body the ship movement and can view things pretty stady on a rocking deck.

However I am very sceptic with this sextant thing because I do not believe that the coders took the pain of coding dead accurate celestial positions into the game.
gezahu is offline   Reply With Quote