View Single Post
Old 03-12-13, 01:49 PM   #3
CaptBones
The Old Man

Downloads: 208
Uploads: 0

Default Thanks

Hey TorpX,

Thanks for the comments. Yup, I use unique names for each and every save and I clean out all of the old save games on return to port at the end of every patrol. Even if the author of a Mod says it's OK to do so, I never, ever enable or disable Mods or make any file changes of any kind while at sea. I'm probably over-cautious in following the SH3 rules, but it saves me the trouble of remembering which rules to follow when/where.

I did some more searching and found comments related to corrupted saves in a thread about TDW's DC_Water_Disturbance Mod. I've removed that Mod and am going to restart this career for a test. If you're interested, I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks again mate.

P.S. On another, related, subject...by any chance do you use the "Nav Map Make-Over" for OM Mod? I just noticed that the harbor of St. Nazaire is FUBAR and it wasn't so in my last BdU Deployment to France career. The port facilities are all located to the west of the river mouth (near La Baule in real life), but all of the ships "in port" are bobbing about in the correct location for the port of St. Nazaire. I think I installed that Mod after my last career and perhaps it's causing this problem.
CaptBones is offline   Reply With Quote