View Single Post
Old 08-06-19, 11:25 PM   #99
AzureSkies
Blue Water Dev

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Default WEEKLY UPDATE

Hello again everyone!

Not a day late this time, though a good number of hours. But if trends continue then I should be early on the next update... right?

Anyways, very close to the Spruance getting a highlight, but not quite yet without her AN/SPS-40 and AN/SPS-55 radars. Though finally, the placeholders for all her weapons are gone. You'll get plenty of good views in the two videos, as well.

Also, worked with the water mastermind and got the reflection shader updated to work beautifully. Reflections are clear on close ships, but become very scattered on distant ones. Here's a little demo I arranged with a lot of Spruance duplicates:

But you can also see it at various angles and distances in the following videos. Especially in the one with cruise missiles closing on the Azov.

First - showing some helicopter starts for the SH-2F Seasprite.

Starts with a focus on the helo (An SH-2F Seasprite), then resets and shows the helo start with the camera focused on the ship. Provides some beautiful views and a better feel of how this will look in-game in the finished product.

Improvements to water interaction are planned. Some stuttering from video recording software. May change workflow for recording these videos at some point to get better framerate.

And, cruise missiles. Please keep in mind the Harpoon model is just a placeholder graphic. The real one's gonna be pretty great, knowing the modelers.

Starts with some shots, camera follows one, then about halfway through it follows one all the way from launch to premature detonation.

They're set to get destroyed - as if they were shot down - just shy of the target, just since impact detonation hasn't been modeled yet. So the warhead isn't even going off.

[edit - slight change to the video]

As of yet, no way to launch them using the game's UI - or a number of things. But they're destroyable, can follow waypoints, and after their last waypoint "pop up" if that's enabled to a given altitude, acquire a target, and homes in.

I'd say it's pretty good progress for a week.

Though I probably won't be doing such a fancy update again for awhile. Just enjoying the new ability to put out videos, now.

Thanks for joining us!

Note on both videos: Music by Scott Buckley – www.scottbuckley.com.au, used under CC BY 4.0

Last edited by AzureSkies; 08-07-19 at 01:27 AM.
AzureSkies is offline   Reply With Quote