seafarer
Commodore

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafarer
Warhawk, are you planning to open up the conning tower in some way? When I was onboard her back in July, you could not even really see up into it at all, while I was dying to go right up in there.
It is very inaccessible for visitors and not practical to have it open. In all reality, it is a broken ankle waiting to happen. Heck, I bang my head no less the three times climbing up the ladder. My daughter has to step on my head when climbing down because her legs are too short reach the ladder. Just impractical. Anyway, if you make another visit let me know and you can have the golden key to the conning tower. Look up there all you like. Let me tell you, the attack scope can zoom in on the scantly clad girls walking around the inner harbor
Wow, thanks for the offer. I usually go to Baltimore at least a couple of times during the summer, so I may well take you up on that.

Back in July I was there with my two nephews and we did the complete set of vessel tours. The boys really enjoyed both the Torsk and the Taney (I've also taken them on HMCS Haida when she was still in Toronto, and the USS Lexington when I lived in Port Aransas TX, and the USS Nautilus - one of them lives in CT).

running SHIII-1.4 with GWX2.1 and SHIV-1.5 with TMO/RSRDC/PE3.3 under MS Vista Home Premium 32-bit SP1
ACER AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 400GB SATA HD
Antec TruePower Trio 650watt PSU
BFG GeForce 8800GT/OC 512MB VRAM, Samsung 216BW widescreen (1680x1050) LCD
seafarer is offline   Reply With Quote