Thread: [TEC] 600 ft and below
View Single Post
Old 03-20-21, 04:13 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post

Any ideas on the bug I mentioned? Where a tube is destroyed but does not display on the screen or if its damaged to a certain point, it'll never repair or say it is, but tube wont function, look outside the torpedo door is missing. Experienced this issue in a porpoise class boat before as well.
this is not a bug as much as it is undocumented features.

Posit: you and i peruse the UPC files and we see equipment assigned to compartments which are assigned to a boat. what we do not see are the Zones in Zones.CFG as well as the damage zones that are in Subname.ZON. Not all equipment is visible.

in the case of torpedo tubes, which seem to be the most noticeable piece of equipment, there is the tube and the exterior door and then there is the interior door. one or both of the doors can be damaged at the same time as the tube but they are NOT REPAIRABLE when the tube is repaired NOR is that damage announced to the CO. the first hint that a door is damaged is....when you attempt to use a torpedo tube that you thought was operational.

there are other pieces of equipment that are unfixable i just cannot remember at this time but they suffer from the same lack of documentation and repair opportunities as the torpedo tube "assemblies".

it sucks but it is what it is.

some of us have chalked it up as a replacement for the miscellaneous and specious equipment breakdowns that occurred on a regular basis and could not be repaired until the boat returned home.
as we used to say in the old neighborhood when something random and unexplainable happened: whadya goin' do, eh? let's go play ball.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote