View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 07:30 AM   #243
Vox165
Soundman

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 0

Icon14

Thanks VFC_Baxter. It really does help to know these mods work for other players, and Im open to anyones suggestions too.

As previously mentioned, my emphasis is manual targeting and a more challenging game. In short, I want to do my own "hunting" and targeting in SOF and to simulate some of the WWI commander's challenges.

I' m working on a new map mod, that replaces the default icons with simple circle marks. The goal is for the player to ID targets without aids and determine target heading, speed, AOB, etc from the map. Another version removes the icons completely. I have also made some progress removing the targeting text that seems to appear on every screen in the default game.

I think manual firing the 88 deck gun is one of SOF's best features. So why ruin the scene with a clip-board? The board seems stuck there unnaturally ( I doubt they used one when in action?), blocks the view, and really spoils the cool effects. Remove -it and the player will need to range his fire based on splashes he can see or by using the reticle in the binoculars. In- short the player needs to learn bracket "Strichschiessen "techniques. More later this after I do some testing. -Vox
Vox165 is offline   Reply With Quote