Old 01-30-22, 08:44 PM   #491
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

21 November 1942
Heavy losses at Raheng; enemy fleets pull a disappearing act

Solomon Sea
The task force approaching Rossel was just 4 destroyers. They encountered a PT squadron in the rain and exchanged fire with them. No one was hit. We never reacquired this task force. Right now the only surface contacts are some tankers docked at Rabaul.

Burma and Thailand
Moulmein was shelled by cruisers and destroyers. The base took lot of damage, but our troops did not, so that's fine.

Raheng suffered several sweeps, which is bad news if it means that he's going to focus his fighters here going forward. We lost 2 P-40s but shot down 2 Oscars and 2 Zeroes. Then we attempted a dive bomber raid on Pisanoulke, which led to 18 dive bombers being shot down by the CAP. That happened in two waves; it was 4 P-40s vs 41 Zeroes in the first, and 3 P-40s vs 22 Zeroes in the second. This after probably 2 weeks of no CAP here. I might end up evacuating the dive bomber units from here if they can reach anywhere; I just don't see us ever wearing the enemy CAP down if this area is a priority now.

Bangkok's retreating forces were ejected from Basein, with over 2500 casualties during the rout.

CENTPAC
I'm putting Midway on hold due to the disappearance of the suspected KB.

Reinforcements and Refits
CA Frobisher arrives at Cape Town
CM Weehawken arrives at Balboa
SC-632 arrives at San Francisco

USS Wasp has completed its upgrade.