Thread: Critical Hits
View Single Post
Old 01-26-11, 09:26 AM   #1
crackaces
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Critical Hits

I previously played the boardgame Jutland many years ago and found it to be very enjoyable and found this game. I have been playing "the duel" to get a handle on the game. The details are certainly there and enough complexity that one would not get bored easily.

I have noticed a pattern on the critical hits. I am playing just the one battle, but with N=10 I noted that critical hits between the ships mirrored each other. In one case, N=3 the situation went like this:

Closing fast as the Koenig Albert at about 10K meters I score a critcal hit to the Emperor of India's conning tower! Oh this has to be good. Fire Director gone -- this prize is mine! But the next salvo from the EofI hits my conning tower! Then another critical hit and I am sinking! Ok must be one off but I noted a pattern I hit the EofI conning tower and soon there after the KA suffers the same hit.

Again, N=10 and this happened three times. Not an extensive test with lots of power but enough to ask the question. This pattern would be harder to notice in larger actions.
crackaces is offline   Reply With Quote