View Single Post
Old 02-15-20, 05:38 AM   #439
von Zelda
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
How "deep" in the folder structure are you with the game? A "default" stock Steam install will be "C:\Program Files (x86) \Steam \SteamApps \common \Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific \Data \Campains \Campaign \PatrolObjectives \Insertion Coast Watcher Bouganville \Insertion Coast Watcher Bouganville.mis" (and .tsr), well within the theoretical 255-260 character limit for Windows file/path names.
propbeanie,
I found 17 files that were deleted during the installation of the FotRS UE mod. They're in the original FotRS mod download but not in my game's Data folders. I came upon it quite by accident when I found the "Insertion Coast Watcher Bouganville" folder empty, missing the .mis and the .tsr files, after getting an error message on my re-install. There are 3 or 4 other Insertion folders under "PatrolObjectives" that are also missing .mis & .tsr files.

Apparently, on my computer, there's a problem with the length of the file name. Other players may be missing these files as well and not be aware of it. Go into the actual game program were ever its located; and by using this path: "\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific \Data \Campaigns \Campaign \PatrolObjectives\InsertionCoastWatcherBouganville " see if the Insertion Coast Watcher Bouganville.mis" (and .tsr) are actually there. Also check for missing files in the 3 or 4 other insertion patrols with longer names, they're not hard to find. There are 17 missing files in total from mine which I tried to insert by cut & paste to put the missing files into the proper folders, without success. Got the same error message about the file name being too long.

I hope this is helpful.