View Single Post
Old 09-27-08, 01:18 PM   #203
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwbgjh2
... I installed EVERY nvidia driver that was released no matter if it was only beta. And four weeks ago i hit the jackpot, the beta driver 177.79 solved my problems. I sweare as long as i have this graphic card or the SH4 game i will never change this driver. ...
I will say exactly the same...though in my case it was the 177.26 drivers, released a couple/few months ago, which solved ALL my problems. I've not tried any drivers since then..no need to do so!

I also agree that a Set FPS rate (usually 60 FPS, as in my case) is what you'll get with LCD...(I have a 24" Samsung widescreen Monitor). Actually, I've never understood why people insist on having FPS above 60 anyway, other than for benchmarking bragging rights. Does it really make a difference in any game? In an academic sense, I'm curious.

You'll lose the sun flare, etc, if you go above 4X AA....but I don't find any significant improvement above 4X anyway.

My other suggestion is to run SH4 with SLI disabled. I've read somewhere that SLI is not all it was expected to be, doesn't work well with some games (SH4??), and that the new cards (8800, 9800) match or even exceed SLI visuals.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote