View Single Post
Old 10-05-11, 04:34 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Thanks,. Had you the same scenery addons installed both in FS9 and FSX at the same time, did it work, registry-wise?

I am playing this transition very very slow.

First, I also get the Discus X by aerosoft, to replace Condor immediately.

I will make use of the cheap upgrad eoption for my old and proven Realair Marchetti.

Then I will replace the mesh, eithert with a free one for europe, or Ultimate Terrain 2010.

I plan on REX 2.0 after that (probably better choice than Flight Environment by Flight1!?)

Next, Landclasses. I read Ultimate Terrain is a frame kiiller, so I will check for free ones, at least for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, since this is were I fly most.

AES I will install once I decide to maybe deinstall it in FS9. Then the codes I already bought, are free again. So possibly no AES for a longer while to come.

Traffic I will try last. It is a critical variable in FS9, and so I expect it to be like that in FSX as well.

Ground Envirtonment by Flight 1, I am not certain, in FS9 it did little visible effect different to altering coklour palettes slightly. Think I pass on that in FSX.

If airport sceneries can be installed in both sims simultaneously, good, if not - it depends on whether I will stay with FS9, or go FSX all the way. And that depends on the frames left when the 737 finally arrives. I only start this project because of the 737. Any addons not leaving enough ressources for it, will not be used.

All this will take me until Spring. I probably will not even fly FSX much in that time, except the Discus, maybe, if it really is so good as they say and can compete with Condor, regarding flight-dynamics and thermals and ridge-winds (addon). I hope that until Summer the DVD-version of PMDG 737NGX will be released. Then it all will come to life - hopefully.

Did this whole dance starting with FS2000, but then came 2002, and I got a completely modded installation. I then transferred it to 2004 in 2006 or 2007 - and now I start it all again and invest all that finetuning time and money!? I must be mad.