Thread: Subsim Truckers
View Single Post
Old 07-10-20, 02:27 AM   #840
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

John McKinney was my employer for my last year of truckkin. He was a kind and generous employer. I had reduced down to instate(CA)driving by '80 to alleviate the concerns of my family who worried about my long haulin' safetywise; and was newly married. Mr. McKinny was running a local distribution(Centennial Freight)for Kimberly Clark; ie: all the Huggies and Kotex in the SF bay area... delivered on on my truck! I recall one of his conversations with me involved an idea to start a truck-trailer leasing business. As soon as my wife passed the lawyer state Bar exam I quit truckin' permanently to become a Real Estate appraiser for 14 years! Imagine my shock when I saw a
McKinney trailer featured on an episode of Rockford Files... I see them on the road all the time to this day. The man is never far from my thoughts....especially on the highway!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 07-10-20 at 01:17 PM. Reason: altering legibility ie purple prose
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote