View Single Post
Old 10-05-17, 11:04 PM   #1
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 0
Default Vertical Pursuit Torpedo?

I just installed a new copy of Windows 10 on a blank hard drive, and I am currently in the process of reinstalling many programs.

I reinstalled Steam and Cold Waters to play while downloading other programs/updates etc. The game is in its stock, unmodified, non beta state, and the mission played was "Stalking the Red Bear" using a Skipjack.

While playing the mission, one of the rocket torpedoes (presumably from a Sierra) at one point went almost perfectly vertical. I thought it was an easy dodge as it was several hundred feet below me and so I dropped a noisemaker to make sure I would evade it. However, as I was almost directly above it the torpedo decides to go vertical. I really mean it was up at about 80 degrees above the horizon. It was freakish to watch as I've never seen a torpedo do more than about 30 degrees before. I did a few 360's with the camera view just to make sure I wasn't seeing things and it was definitely up at an extreme angle.

Has anyone seen this before? I assume a torpedo would have no problem doing this IRL, but holy cow did that surprise me in game!

Last edited by EnjoyableSTIG; 10-05-17 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Clarity
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote