View Single Post
Old 03-20-23, 09:41 AM   #312
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

https://archive.ph/FqJY4#selection-133.5-133.22

Quote:
Isn’t it bizarre that so many people who cause problems then turn around and become heroes fixing the same problems they created?

Between the Biden administration’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan and the green-laden $738 billion Inflation Reduction Act and paying people not to work, Bidenflation is roaring. It peaked last summer at 8.5% but is still running at 6%. In December President Biden, the newly self-declared inflation warrior, said, “My goal is simple: get prices under control without choking off economic growth.” And there it is: The Biden administration is trying to slay an inflation dragon that it created.

To help fight this inflation, the Federal Reserve has raised the federal-funds rate from near zero to 4.5% to 4.75% since January 2022. This has caught a lot of banks, such as Silicon Valley Bank, holding portfolios of underwater bonds and mortgage-backed securities....
Ya know, I don't even care as long as the present administration gets inflation back to sub4%, but I won't forget.