View Single Post
Old 08-12-20, 04:50 PM   #22
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The title has an editor, just saying. Whether it handles easily or not I cannot judge, I just used it to increase time limits in single missions. The tricky part in such editors usually is any kind of scritping needed to make AI units move around without just reacting to tatcicaql movement by the player. And I have not tried this, so cannot comment.

I do not expect the latest gfx fireworks in games like this, and I think CM does a very lot of thigns very right. Even the interface is not all badly thought out - its just graphically outdated and difficult to read.

What could be needed as well is improvements for the AI, the AI infanry especially can be quite suicidal, and here again in urban fighting.

The WWII titles int nhe series I do not know, I only know Shock Force and modules. I saw videos, Shock Force and probbaly here again ShockForce 2 are much more lethal. "What gets seen is almost as good as dead", is often the motto. Modern weapons and sensors get depicted as incredibly lethal technology. Well, I know that kind of lethality from Steel Beasts Pro, so I am not surprised by that.

I would still prefer Shock Force to for example Armored Brigade, which has the same focus, but simplifie smroe and is in many detials more unrealistic. B ut players who feel overwhelemed by Shock force, may want to give it a try, its simplier and maybe more attractive for some people. Played from abstract map view, however, and visually not as enhanced as SF.