View Single Post
Old 08-05-14, 11:42 PM   #21
Herman
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 269
Uploads: 1046

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
INDEED we have. and that's why it take no time to get the onboard computer to accept the missile e.g RBS15 or RB99(AMRAAM) and not like the french 3 hours(don't know why)
Since it is French, I bet it's some kind of union thing. The Missile Makers Union local #2457 doesn't want to work with Radar Union #3164 and the three additional hours are to ensure job security.

(Relax everyone, it's just a joke. I love France - especially Les Dames.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
But can you say with 110 % sure that it don't take these 5-6 hours for a F18?
That's the thing. Because I am an honest man, I can say with absolute certainty that "I do not know" and "I could be wrong."

Sure, there are folks who think that 'I put it in my database. That must be how it works because I said so." They then proceed to brow-beat anyone who disagrees. This thread is a perfect example.

The uncertainty is why it has always been so important to have open databases in games like Harpoon and NWAC. No one can ever say that their way is the right or only way. You might think 5-6 hours is acceptable, but someone with a Top Secret manual of operations might feel 45 minutes is sufficient. Unfortunately, even if a user has the real life manual of operations, he cannot implement the information in MNO. With Harpoon, he would just change the relevant data and play his game his way. With MNO, you are stuck with someone else's perception of reality, regardless if there is any actual basis.

1) Enjoy creating it
2) Enjoy playing it
3) Enjoy sharing it
4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions
Herman is offline   Reply With Quote