View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 12:40 AM   #14
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

I hope nobody is discouraged from the install troubles some are having. I've never had trouble getting things to install with PPM on dozens of systems and I didn't expect any trouble here. I might consider an alternate install-manual.bat which manually puts the files where they need to be instead of relying on PPM. While there's no simple one-click EXE install for this, this is really not very painful compared to most applications out there, and it's worth the work so I hope you all give it a shot.

Seeing how this is really one of the very few applications that I've written, properly documented, and released to the public, I'm very proud of it even though it is relatively simplistic. I intend to support it indefinitely and I'll personally help anyone bring this online who is having trouble. Just post here!

I've also just updated the install.bat in the ZIP to hopefully take care of some of these problems, by trying every module install twice, once by calling PPM, and once by calling PPM specifically with the path where it should be (\perl\bin). Hopefully you've installed Perl to c:\perl or \perl (root of your windows drive.)