View Single Post
Old 07-29-07, 07:18 PM   #10
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Although I'm pretty sure I followed all the directions for the install, I've got a weird error problem trying to run this - when I try to do the test mode, I get the following message:

"Can't locate Win32/GuiTest.pm in @INC <@INC contains: C:/Perl/site/lib .> at go.pl line 9.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at go.pl line 9."

When I searched for GuiTest.pm, I found it in C:\sh4speech\libraries\Win32-GuiTest

There we an awful lot of questions during the ActivePerl and/or Active Python install processes - I just picked the default answers (except where I had to answer "yes" to the license questions), but maybe something went wrong anyway - any idea what this error is all about? Is there some trick to installing those Active things that maybe I missed?

[edit] - I re-ran the installs of ActivePerl and ActivePython (picked "repair" option in the latter) - everything seemed to go just fine. However, when I run either the test mode batch file or the main start batch file, I still get the same error message noted above. BTW - I did also do the step no. 3 in the notes on the first post (with the PythonWin editor) and all the other training/calibration steps before the first time I tried to run the batch files. Any ideas?

[edit] well, I also re-ran the sh4speech install.bat, just in case - everything appeared to go fine with that as well, but again I still get the same error message when I run the test mode

Any ideas welcome - would really like to give this a whirl

Last edited by panthercules; 07-29-07 at 07:33 PM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote