View Single Post
Old 01-03-10, 12:48 PM   #8
trek
Sailor man

Downloads: 610
Uploads: 0

OK, Mikhayl, did I read your post correctly? The GAME ITSELF first has to be installed OUTSIDE of the Program Files with Vista before installing mods for them to work?

I have TvT installed in my program files as are my other 35 games with most modded with JSGME and they work. What is different about TvT that requires this type of install?

This would explain why the self-installer as well as the JSGME has failed to work.

From the posts here there seems to be no consensus of which method to use. If I reinstall TvT outside of the program files will the self-installer be the way to go? Do we need both the self-installer and JSGME. I didn't see everything needed in my first try at the self-installer.

I think before ZeeQWolf goes further with this mod a sticky should be posted with a firm step-by-step procedure with all relevant info like your post about installing outside the program files with Vista.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've had no trouble doing modding on my other games with or without JSGME within the program files.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful and overjoyed that ZeeWolf is putting his time and sweat into TvT. But for the mod to succeed the install process has to be streamlined and exact with all the relevant info provided to avoid user frustration.

I'm a retired IT System person, but I didn't work on game programs and I just got back into PC gaming a couple years ago. In our training programs though, we had to be clear and precise so the novice PC client could understand and use the program.

The sticky should INCLUDE the info about VISTA. Also for gaming on VISTA the UAC (User Account Control) should be kept OFF. You can avoid all kinds of gaming problems with this disabled. This should also be included in the sticky. Having UAC off for home use is not a problem as far as any security.

And Mikhayl, thanks ahead of time for your help. As my boss used to say "we just need clarification."
trek is offline   Reply With Quote