View Single Post
Old 06-07-21, 11:19 AM   #30
FireDragon76
Bosun

Downloads: 111
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
More sobering news, fully supporting my growing scepticism on the US being capable to defend Taiwan. (If they even would be willing to embark seriously on this self-destructive task, which I am not convinced of).

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...could-n1262148

Some people think the future by terms from the past (a mistake militaries make time and again: assessing the expected next war by the standards of the last war which they had won), and necessarily conclude that things are okay, kind of.

US alliances and bases throughout Asia will not help it there. It will not last long enough. Plus they will be busy with mere own survial. Just this: mere own survival. And I think quite some will not. China has the means in missiles to just overflood any technologically advanced defence. America is too overconfident.

I agree. The US is not guaranteed South Korea and Japan's support in a conflict with China. Alot of Japanese and South Koreans are more interested in peaceful trade with China, than helping out an aging superpower that they are much more ambivalent about than many Americans imagine.

As far as navies go, alot of the China's fleet is 10-20 years behind the US in terms of technology. But they are catching up rapidly.
FireDragon76 is offline   Reply With Quote