View Single Post
Old 06-25-20, 11:33 AM   #6
p7p8
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polak2 View Post
I am planning to watch and rewatch p7p8 missions to learn from there as well.
Thx but my missions are hard to learning for someone who isn't familiar with editor.
You should use filters because some objects and tactics makes general view not clear for learning.

I made 3 videos for mission makers. One video is simple mission made from scratch to end + test.

But for good mission most important is some kind of sketch with main idea. Without this you will stuck on details. I always make it in my head, (sometimes details on paper).
I recommend to make scenario in "Top-down" method. Otherwise detaills will eat your motivation and you will stuck with nothing.

Very important is map region cause DW havent good drawed shore line and depth/hight map.

Historical mission for first scenario is very bad idea. Its because DW have many limits (for example not all warships/submarines in database). Experienced mission designer is able to use some substitutes for ships but also for trigger solutions (not all is available)

Here is video from making full simple mission.

If you stuck with triggers i can always help. Mission editor is very "stubborn" sometimes but i knows few tricks