View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 10:58 AM   #19
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Those are really nice wheels. Maybe one day I'll move on from my red Momo. Maybe! But yeah, it would be nice to move forward to this century.

Quote:
However, I love to drive racing, in sims.
Me too. I'm still running F1 2021, several seasons deep in a career. Great sim.

But just before Christmas I had an inspired moment. I was on Steam, having a bash about, looking for a new game to carry me through my Christmas break. I zeroed in on Forza Horizon 5. I had bought FH4 for my son and his X Box, but hadn't played the series myself. He also plays NFS, The Crew, Drive Club so I knew what to expect in a general sense. We had a lot of fun doing head to head racing in hot hatches in Drive Club.

So I took the plunge on FH5, reviews are excellent and it looked like fun. And I really like it. I've dropped a couple hundred hours in it already, have nearly 400 cars and every single Ferrari in the game!

It's leaning toward the arcade side of course, but the driving feels great. The performance modification and chassis setup options are extensive, deeper than what you get in F1 2021 anyway. I really like the sprint racing (point to point) and most of the content really. The blend of solo and MP is in a great place. A fun game that I'm glad I took a chance on. For a purist sim-head racer it's a shift, but I'm having a blast with it. It looks fantastic, runs great and there's lots to do. Over 500 cars, and the game just throws them at you.

My main whip, Ferrari 458 Speciale