CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by anzacmick
gday all,
not to hijack ur thread.....
CB & sailorsteve, i have actually done this(utilized the music files)and had it on my own personal sounds for a while now ...definately adds to the immersion ...with tradeoffs not always sounding the best...lol.... i can upload these files if anyones interested along with a whole lot of other stuff i been WIP on for years...being a bit pedantic about what i release has made me sit on ideas that maybe i shoulda let out of the bag...
oh...and in english sorry so sorry german language freaks...lol

over n out
mick
yes amen to that up-load them!

my thoughts would be perhaps in conjuction with Steve's excellent DB files to work the "music" files to add small ambient "touches" to the soundscape..those small details you couldn't really do convincingly using the normal triggered files...(as they would become overly familiar due to constant repitition..there's allways a cough here or a clank there and so on))
mutterrings coughs drips etc each effect mixed into a much longer mainly silent sound file..so all you would hear would be occasional coughs drips clanks rattles indescernable mutterings in the back ground ...the actual sound file might be 4 or 5 minutes long , but the audible effects would each only last a few seconds each..(the rest of the file being composed of silence)
subtlety is what would work best most likely here...so as not to drown out the normal sounds files buit simply to add little touches that dynamicaly change with the situation and that from the in game point of view would actualy sound as if the normal sound file had actualy changed ..if you see what i mean

because there is no limit to the maximum number of soundfiles you can add to the individual lists..AND the music system plays one at random...the variety of these ambient "touches" can be endless...
and the use of the music system for these very minor occasional sound effects bypasses the anomalys and oddities reasonably well...who's going to find an occasional cough or clank out of place?

lot's of fun to be had and AFAIK there is no max limit to the number of files that can be added this way..:hmm:
to coin a phrase...coooool!!
it's got insanely advanced uber dynamic sound mod written all over it!!

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 03-17-08 at 01:25 PM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote