View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 08:08 PM   #27
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk
Hi there , I have build the file or folders (I have no idea the difference between files and folders ) in this way......

return stock plankton/Data/Misc/impurity

and later enable this ( return stock plankton ) in the last position in the JSGME , but later I checked the stock version of SH4 (ver1.5) version without mods , and later with the mods installed as you can see in the photo , I was able to see a lot of plankton in the stock SH4 , but almost no plankton with the brand new "return stock plankton " file/folder , can you tell me please if you see where is a mistake , thank you
a file is the actual component that does the work it is what the folders contain.

the folder shows as a yellow icon simular to the my documents folder on your desktop.

everything that is not a yellow folder is a file.

now if your mod is set up correctly all you see is a single yellow folder named return stock plankton, you open up the folder to find another yellow folder named Data which you open up to find another yellow folder named Misc and when you open up the Misc folder you see one file inside of it named impurity. this is called a file path and it is the key structure that makes every mod work. if the mod does not have an identical file structure to the pathway in the game files then the mod cannot be installed correctly and the mod will not work.

now if it looks like all that is done correctly then you may not have a stock copy of the impurity file so make sure you do.

one of the most important things you can do is make a back up copy of a pure unmodded version of a freshly installed game. files do get corrupted no matter how careful you are so having clean back up copy of every file can save you from having to reinstall the game. if you think somethings corrupted delete the entire data folder and copy a new one from your backup and the game is fixed like new. its a life saver.

Last edited by Webster; 08-18-08 at 08:22 PM.