Old 07-30-20, 05:42 AM   #11
Eastwa
Torpedoman

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe Vollmaus View Post
No. And no.
1st no: i had the entire Mod in mind (Seabed Repair Mod), not the UboatKeel-entry itself. The UboatKeel is made for human playable Subs, not for "AI"-Subs. So this entry alone cannot be relevant for your problem. I would look if all anything else (related to UBoats) is similar to the original GWX-Zones.cfg. Especially the Zones List and all UBoat Compartments under "UBoat Items".

2nd no: there was an Update from the Master Rubini himself to some entries. Look here:
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=175

I'm not familiar with the last one.

As above, there is a chance that something is wrong in the Zones.cfg if it is not made for GWX.

My hint to the RND-entry was an Example what Submarine you may probably came across. The entries there are almost irrelevant. Only interesting here is the Class-Name.
If you remember when and where exactly(!) you have seen your ugly reacting Sub, you can easily find out what Submarine this is by open the RND- and SCR-Campaign-file with the SH3MissionEditor, and locate which Convoy have reached exactly this Area and Time.
Then, when the ClassName of that Sub is known, you can look into Sim- and Zon-files in the Submarine-Directory of that specific Submarine to see if there is something wrong.

Lastly an anecdote of my own to "Weird Acting AI Uboats":

Recently i found an Alliet-Convoy. Approach on surface from behind, killed all the DD-watchdogs and some freighters in range with Gun. But my small usually green "Detected"-Sub-icon turns permanent to red!
Wow! No enemy in range which can see me. No Air. Nothing. But icon is red.
It turns out, there is an dived alliet Submarine in that Convoy!
Deckgun into its periscope - no effect.
Torpedo - no effect. Cannot hit them anyhow.
Ramming - career lost! Damn!

With the help of SH3MissionEditor found the Convoy. No ClassName. But there is only one dived Sub in my install. Looked into the related Zon-file. Found all Boxes ok, all Spheres are set to 0 (Zero)! Bingo - that was the error. Changed all Spheres to normal values - Sub can torpedoed now.

Yes, this was an older GWX-Submarine. Cannot be found in v3.0.

Greetings.
Well that's an interesting one never had that happen to me but I'll keep an eye out for it, I have seen enemy subs before in convoys but never been interested in attacking them so I just ignore them.

In regards to my issues look like it was indeed the seabed repair mod I should of looked at which GWX it was made for and it was GWX2 and I run GWX gold stupid me, thanks for all your help mate
Eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote