Old 08-04-20, 01:32 AM   #10
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
"Is there a way to change/adjust the AI?"

Yes. Go to \Data\Cfg\Sim.cfg, open with notepad (it's a text file).

Find;

[Visual]
Detection time=0.5 ;[s] min detection time.
Sensitivity=0.1 ;(0..1) min detection threshold double detection time.
Fog factor=1.0 ;[>=0]
Light factor=2.5 ;[>=0]
Waves factor=4.0 ;[>=0]
Enemy surface factor=50 ;[m2]
Enemy speed factor=25 ;[kt]
Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation=1.0

Experiment with increasing the light factor, adjust to taste. This affects only the enemy AI, your own crew is in other files.

Very cool. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Also, would you happen to know how to edit the abilities and the names of the crew on your boat? And also how to change the number of officers and crewmen you are allowed to have on the boat? From all the looking around I have done on my own it looks as if changing the number of officers and what not on the boat can be a little tricky. I guess to sum up what I am trying to ask is, where is the location of the file or files, to be edited with notepad, that allow me to change and alter my crew to my will?

I like the idea of rotating personal on and off the boat regularly but there seams to be only a small pool of made up crew for the game to draw from, because I swear one time when I wasn't paying attention I ended up with the same crewmen at 3 different positions. Then I started to pay close attention and realized that the game cycles all the crew, I guess randomly, threw to be available when you are at base between patrols regardless if you already have that guy or not. That's a little goofy.

When I think about he amount of experience and knowledge here gathered about all the Silent Hunter games it's staggering. I haven't come across any other game anywhere that has a community like this. I wonder what it is about these games that lends them so well to being modified AND having a large and loyal fan base. The subject matter, the players, the type of game or the time period it's in, or because it's a simulation. Some times on long patrols at night when nothing is happening my mind wanders.