Old 08-31-08, 01:51 PM   #107
pkl75
Sailor man

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate
@ Brett25
Glad you've found the source of your problems. When mods based on major camera position alterations conflict, you can end up with some very strange results indeed.

OH_V1, which came in several different parts and is characterised by white interior lamps in daytime mode, could do some very odd things if the parts were not put on in the correct order.

Similarly, Serge's Camera won't function at all, unless it is put on after any Open Hatch mod.

From what little I know about the Improved Diving Angle Mod, I would have serious doubts about it working with the Camera Mod as they both seem to make radical changes to camera movements in the Control Room area. Hopefully some camera modding expert will prove me wrong!

Regarding your other install: GWX 2.1 comes with a special version of OH mod but I think it only works on the type VIIs. In my opinion a far better option would be to replace it with OH_V2 which works for all subs - and adds some really good stuff for the TypeII. In case you don't have it, the link is:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...71&postcount=1

The Camera mod has a couple of minor conflicts with GWX. The most noticeable of which is the reduction of periscope magnifications to stock 1.4b levels. However this is easily rectified with S3d.....I managed to do it in about 5 minutes flat....and I don't possess any modding skills worthy of the name.
I am not an expert camera modder but I have some opinions over what you said above:
1) SB_cameras_mod_SH3 contains no files in folder "interior" while GWX - Open Hatch Mod does contain only files in "interior" and in no other folder. Therefore the order of installation should not make a difference.
2) interior diving angles and interior diving angles (openhatch) only change .sim and .dat files in "Interior" folders, no .cam files (as SB_cameras_mod_SH3 does) and also there are no changes to cameras.dat in the IDA mods. I am not sure about functionality of type XXI boat after those, because both change that sub, but at least there are no same files changed by those mods. In my opinion the other subs should work anyway. I have not tested that.
3) I agree about differences between GWX and camera mod.

I remind about a little work I did a while ago for combining LRT, camera mod and OLC GUI (in GWX of course).
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140085

I did not however make it for camera + GWX only. Glad that you did!
pkl75 is offline   Reply With Quote